Beach Hop has a well earned reputation for great cars, music and fun. We’d encourage every chrome bumper enthusiast to get over to Whangamata at least once. Trust us, once you go you’ll be going again!
To find out more about this great event log on to the events web site www.beachhop.co.nz
This will also give you links to accommodation options.
Local real estate companies offering house rentals:
Some helpful tips:
- Walking distance to Port Rd [main drag for cafes, shops & lots of cruisin] is a high priority. Car parking around Port Rd is tight.
- Best free street map of Whangamata is on www.beachproperty.co.nz
- It’s pronounced Fang-ga-ma-tah
- Whangamata is about a two hour drive from Auckland airport.
- Beach Hop events on Wednesday and Thursday are usually held in towns’ short distances away from Whangamata, so having a rental car is essential if you wish to attend these days.
- You’ll need to fax an application form plus ID to any agent before they’ll act on any accommodation request.
- Call renting agent directly when you wish to book any property.
- Accommodation is booked out by the locals rapidly so if you plan to attend Beach Hop, get moving! * Tony at www.beachproperty.co.nz Tony will email a list of all properties available for Beach Hop if you email a request to him for it. You indentify something that looks suitable, email him back and he’ll send brochure providing details, photos, etc. * Mandi-Jane at www.whangaproperty.co.nz * www.holidayhouses.co.nz